We welcome applications from new students to join our Sixth Form. The application process begins in October, when we hold our annual Open Evening. Final decisions regarding offers are made following receipt of GCSE results in August.
- External students will need to complete the online Application Form.Although the set deadline for Sixth Form applications has now passed, we are still happy to receive applications from suitably qualified candidates. However, any offers made will be strictly determined by the availability of places in your chosen subjects.
- The deadline for applications for 2017 entry is detailed in the admissions policy.
How To Apply
At Chelmsford County High School, we have approximately 150 places in Year 12. A minimum of 30 places will be offered to suitably qualified applicants from outside the school.
Entry into the Sixth Form is determined by GCSE results and the exact requirements are as set out below. Offers of places in the Sixth Form are confirmed when GCSE results are published, but all prospective Sixth Formers will be invited to participate in the Induction programme which takes place in June or July.
Sixth Form Entry Requirements:
Minimum entry requirements for September 2017 are detailed in the Admissions Policy 2017 booklet, please download below:
- All candidates should have a GCSE grade of 6/7/8/9 in English Language and Mathematics.
- All candidates should have a GCSE grade of A*-C in a Modern Foreign Language.
- All candidates need to achieve an average of at least 6.4 over their best 8 GCSE grades including English Language and Mathematics. The Admissions Policy provides details of how this average should be calculated.
- Grade requirements for individual subjects are shown in the Subjects Booklets.
- In the case of oversubscription, applicants will be placed in rank order based on their GCSE results.
- In addition to the GCSE requirements set out, where a candidate’s first language is not English, the school may require her to demonstrate sufficient fluency in English, both orally and in writing, to participate successfully in the Sixth Form.
- The candidate must also be able to show to the school’s satisfaction that she has a right to reside in the United Kingdom and is entitled to State Education.
- The candidate must be under 17 years of age on 31st August of the calendar year of proposed admission.
- The school will refuse admission to any candidate who fails to provide authentic, valid and bona fide documentation in support of her application.
OFSTED Inspection Report
In October 2007, CCHS had its fourth OFSTED inspection. The Sixth Form section of the report states:
Intellectual challenge and student engagement are features of the outstanding teaching and learning that maintain standards among the highest in the country.
“Careers guidance is excellent, especially the very thorough preparation students receive for university application. Almost all students continue into higher education with most gaining places at highly regarded universities.”