As a school we are committed to offering our students a rich and broad experience both in and out of the classroom.
Trips and visits are known to enhance student learning and improve attainment, and so form a key part of what makes Chelmsford County High School (CCHS) a supportive and effective learning environment.
The benefits to students of taking part in visits and learning outside the classroom include:
- Improvements in their ability to cope with change
- Increased critical curiosity and resilience
- Opportunities for creativity, developing learning and awareness of the world
- Enhanced opportunities for ‘real world’ ‘learning in context and the development of the social and emotional aspects of intelligence
- Greater sense of personal responsibility
- Possibilities for genuine team working, including enhanced communication skills
- Improved environmental appreciation, knowledge, awareness and understanding of a variety of environments
- Physical skill acquisition and the development of a fit and healthy lifestyle.
This academic year our students will have the opportunity to participate in competitive and friendly sports fixtures, have visits from inspiring speakers (for example BAE Systems) and take part in motivating trips which include Parliament, Ypres, Stubbers, Nice and our German Exchange.