We welcome applications from new students to join our Sixth Form. The application process begins in October, when we hold our annual Open Evening. Final decisions regarding offers are made following receipt of GCSE results in August.
Sixth Form Open Evening
Please select the link below to access the Sixth Form Open Evening virtual resources for September 2021 entry. If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
Current Year 11 CCHS students will receive an email regarding the process for uploading their A Level option choices in due course. You are not required to complete the above application form.
Sixth Form Entry Requirements
At Chelmsford County High School, we have approximately 35 places for suitably qualified applicants to join our Sixth Form in Year 12.
Entry into the Sixth Form is determined by GCSE results and the exact requirements are as set out below. Offers of places in the Sixth Form are confirmed when GCSE results are published, but all prospective Sixth Formers will be invited to participate in the Induction programme which takes place in June or July.
Minimum entry requirements for September 2021 are detailed fully in the Admissions Policy 2021 booklet. This can be downloaded below:
- All candidates should have a GCSE grade of 6/7/8/9 in English Language and Mathematics.
- All candidates need to achieve an average of at least 6.475 over their best 8 GCSE grades including English Language and Mathematics. The Admissions Policy provides details of how this average should be calculated.
- Grade requirements for individual subjects are shown in the Subjects Booklets.
- In the case of oversubscription, applicants will be placed in rank order based on their GCSE results.
- In addition to the GCSE requirements set out, where a candidate’s first language is not English, the school may require her to demonstrate sufficient fluency in English, both orally and in writing, to participate successfully in the Sixth Form.
- The candidate must also be able to show to the school’s satisfaction that she has a right to reside in the United Kingdom and is entitled to State Education.
- The candidate must be under 17 years of age on 31st August of the calendar year of proposed admission.
- The school will refuse admission to any candidate who fails to provide authentic, valid and bona fide documentation in support of her application.
OFSTED Inspection Report
In October 2007, CCHS had its fourth OFSTED inspection. The Sixth Form section of the report states:
Intellectual challenge and student engagement are features of the outstanding teaching and learning that maintain standards among the highest in the country.
“Careers guidance is excellent, especially the very thorough preparation students receive for university application. Almost all students continue into higher education with most gaining places at highly regarded universities.”