If you are in need of support, please do not hesitate to speak to your Tutor, Year Leader, Miss Harrison or Dr Palmer. Staff will be able to put you in the touch with the right people who can help you and offer you support as well. We have counsellors who come into School and our school nurse, who runs a drop-in on Wednesdays.
Do not hesitate to reach out for support.
Useful links are below.
- Child line 0800 1111 www.childline.org.uk
- Samaritans 116 123 www.samaritans.org
- Papyrus HOPELineUK 0800 0684141 www.papyrus.org.uk
- Kooth www.kooth.com online
- The Big White Wall www.bigwhitewall.com ( 16+)
- Young Minds www.youngminds.org.uk
- Beat www.beateatingdisorders.org.uk 0808 801 0677
- Essex Young People’s Drug and Alcohol Service 01245 493311
- Mind 01702 601123 www.seandcessexmind.org.uk
If you have any concerns over the safety of a child or young person: The Designated Safeguarding Lead is Miss F Harrison.
The pastoral Team:
Assistant Headteacher – Pastoral – Miss Fiona Harrison – Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL)
Year 7 Year Leader Mrs Nina Lewis
Year 8 Year Leader Mrs Hayley Busby
Year 9 Year Leader Miss Charlotte Burnham
Year 10 Year Leader Miss Georgie Sales
Year 11 Year Leader Mrs Marion Chumbley
Assistant Headteacher – Sixth Form – Dr Michael Palmer – Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL)
Year 12 Year Leader Mrs Jacqui Hicks (maternity cover for Mrs Hiett)
Year 13 Year Leader Mrs Hayley Ellen
If a student has a pastoral concern, and they would prefer to email this rather than speak to a member of staff, please use your school email address to send your concern to:
If you are concerned about or are the victim of bullying, you may also use this email address to contact the Pastoral team. This may include cyber, homophobic or racist bullying or any other form of victimisation or harassment.
The following staff are fully trained Mental Health First Aiders – Youth
- Mrs Adams
- Mrs Dale
- Mrs Ellen
- Mrs Goksel
- Mrs Hiett
- Miss Harrison
- Miss Pocock