Personal Development is an integral part of our school and runs through all parts of the curriculum, from Year 7 to Year 13. We aim to provide all students at Chelmsford High School for Girl an understanding of the world beyond the classroom, enabling them to thrive as successful adults when they progress to higher education.
We aim to instil a sense of empathy and understanding, with a true sense of purpose and ethical reflection. We ensure that every student and staff member is supported with their physical health, safety and emotional wellbeing.
Personal Development encompasses a wide range of topics including:
- Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PSHE) education, including citizenship and RSE – Relationships and Sex Education.
- Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural (SMSC) development.
- Religions Studies.
- British Values.
- Careers Education, Information and Guidance (CEIG), including use of the Unifrog platform.
- Examination preparation lessons, including work with Elevate Education.
- Student leadership opportunities, including our Prefect system.