The Parents’ Association (the “PA”) has been running successfully for a number of years. It raises funds to enhance the students’ educational experience as well as providing an important link between parents and the school. You are automatically a member of the PA as a parent of a CCHS student.
The PA is made up of parents who identify, plan and organise events that further the PA’s objective. In addition to the committee, the PA relies on the support of parents who cannot commit the time to being on the committee but can donate time occasionally to support specific events. PA events are a great way to meet other parents, support the school and have a good time.
Examples of some of our recent events follow, but we are always looking for new ideas:
- Quiz Night – always an entertaining night.
- Winter Fayre – a lovely seasonal day for all the family.
- Winter Prize Draw – lots of great prizes donated by parents and local businesses
- Wish List Lottery – monthly draw with chance to win cash prizes.
- Mother’s Day Stall – gifts for the students to buy .
- School discos – a highlight for our younger students .
- Concerts – put on by KEGS/CCHS Parents’ choir, Grammaticus.
- Donut days – always eagerly anticipated!
- Refreshments sales at parents’ evenings and school events, eg music/dance concerts
- Nearly New uniform sales – recycle outgrown uniforms and generate funds for the PA – for details please go to Nearly New Uniform section.
Some recent examples of where the monies raised by the PA have been spent are:
- Sixth Form furnishings
- Floor covering for the Chapman Sports Hall
- Prizes for Speech Days
- Piano stools
- Defibrillator and First Aid equipment
- Science equipment
- E-book subscription for the library
- Newspaper subscriptions
- Sets for musical production
- Music software
- Hockey goals
If you would like to join the committee, help out at one of our events, donate a raffle prize or help with refreshments, please email the Parents’ Association: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also scan the QR code below to join the PA Whatsapp group, our regular method of keeping our membership informed.
#CCHS PA is a registered charity, UK Charity #287962