We are strategic partners in two teaching school alliances. Our work with the Billericay Teaching School Alliance has an Initial Teacher Training (ITT) focus. Through this work we help to train the next generation of secondary school teachers. Our work with the Chelmsford Teaching School Alliance has a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) focus. We work with local secondary schools to share our staff training expertise, supporting colleagues to develop their practice and frame their career progression. This ITT and CPD work is a clear demonstration of our staff development vision: from teacher training to educational leadership – nurturing and inspiring the teachers and leaders of tomorrow through excellence in personalised training and development.
CCHS has an established and proud tradition of working with primary schools to support the teaching of able children. This is a clear demonstration of our School aims, which relate to the pursuit of excellence, fulfilling potential and contributing to the community. We are working with eight primary schools:
- The Bishops’ C of E and RC Primary School
- Boreham Primary School
- Kings Road Primary School
- Larkrise Primary School
- Lawford Mead Primary School
- Meadgate Primary School
- Parkwood Academy
- Trinity Road Primary School
- Westlands Community Primary School
On four of our Enrichment Days we invite up to 80 Years 4-5 girls form these schools to visit CCHS to participate in Gifted & Talented activities. Our sixth form students support this work with our teachers and our primary colleagues to ensure that the pupils have stimulating and exciting days.
These projects are a testament to our commitment to school to school partnership work and reflect a determination to share our practice and learn from other schools.
Dear all involved,
Please pass on our thanks to all adults and sixth-formers involved in the English enrichment day for primary schools. The girls had such a brilliant time and were keen to tell everyone about their experience when back at school. It was a brilliantly organised and engaging day.
Thanks once again.
Moulsham Junior School
Encouraging able girls to apply to CCHS and dispel myths about the School
- Information sessions for primary school teachers and headteachers.
- Visits to those schools with the highest proportion of children in receipt of FSM/PP with Year 9 students presenting assemblies.
- Presentation to parents at primary school parents’ evenings.
- Invitations to previews of school productions, dance shows, concerts.
Active Membership of a number of groups:
- Mid Essex Secondary Heads
- Grammar School Heads Association
- Consortium for School Improvement
- Association of State Girls’ Schools
- The Prince’s Teaching Institute
Involvement in regular interaction at committee level leads to sharing of good practice. CCHS supports in the teaching of the most able through professional contact, sharing of material, and lesson observations.
Headteacher works as LLE, Professional Partner and supports NPQH training.