Chartwells, the school’s caterers, provide nourishing, appetising food. They ensure our students have nutritional and balanced meals each day, and the catering team works tirelessly to achieve this. Chartwells has a simple set of commitments:
Their commitment is to delight their customers with great tasting food, which contributes to their own well-being.
Their commitment is to enhance the understanding, fun and experience of their customers and team: creating the knowledge they need to lead a healthy life.
- Their commitment to a safe and sustainably environment that supports the health and wellbeing of their customers, clients and the wider community.
- Their menus are designed to encourage and promote a balanced meal choice.
- Their menu choices are designed to encourage students to eat more fruit and vegetables.
- They actively work with their suppliers to monitor the fat, salt and sugar levels of their food against target nutrient specifications, set by the Food Standards Agency.
- They will minimise and eliminate, where possible, the use of additives within their food.
- They actively work with suppliers to increase awareness and availability of sustainable products and packaging.
- They are able to source a selection of organic and Fair-trade produce.
- They provide food skills and nutritional training for catering staff.
- They actively encourage students to learn more about food through a variety of activities. Encouraging students to make balanced choices about what they eat at school.
A number of their current products are “FairTrade” certified:
- Hot Chocolate
- Fruit Flavoured Water
- Fruit Pots
- Tuna (Dolphin Friendly)
|Monday||Year 7||Year 10 & Year 11||Year 9||Year 8|
|Tuesday||Year 7||Year 10 & Year 11||Year 9||Year 8|
|Wednesday||Year 7||Year 10 & Year 11||Year 9||Year 8|
|Thursday||Year 7||Year 8||Year 9||Year 10 & Year 11|
|Friday||Year 7||Year 10 & Year 11||Year 9||Year 8|