Key Stage 3 Computing is delivered in Years 7, 8 and 9 through our CCHS Curriculum. During this time students cover a range of essential content and skills.
- Introduction to CCHS systems
- Algorithms using Scrach and KODU
- HTML and CSS
- Game Design using Game Maker
- Computer Networks
- Text Based Programming using Python – Part 1
- Turtle Power
- Cyber Secruity and the Law
- Understanding Binary and Logic Gates
- Java using Greenfoot
- Spreadsheets Modelling using advanced functions
- Text Based Programming using Python – Part 2
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cryptography and Encryption
Building upon their CCHS KS3 Curriculum course, students have the opportunity to study the AQA GCSE Computing specification. This course focuses on programming, networks and hardware. Students learn the fundamentals of programming but are not expected to be fluent in any specific programming language. At the end of the course students have an understanding of how computers work and are able to develop computer programs to solve problems. This GCSE course has been devised to give students a suitable route into the field of Computing.