Welcome from the Chair of the Parents’ Association
The Parents’ Association (the “PA”) has been running successfully for a number of years. It raises funds to enhance the students’ educational experience as well as providing an important link between parents and the school. You are automatically a member of the PA as a parent of a child at CCHS.
The PA committee comprises a number of parents who are prepared to dedicate time to identifying, planning and organising events that further the PA’s objective. In addition to the committee, the PA relies on the support of parents who cannot commit the time to being on the committee but want donate some of their time to support specific events. These events are great ways to meet other parents, support the school and have a good time.
Examples of some of these events and fund raisers follow but we are always looking for new ideas:
- Quiz Night – always an entertaining night.
- Christmas Fayre – a lovely seasonal day for all the family.
- Christmas Raffle – lots of great prizes donated by local businesses and parents.
- Single item raffles – raffles for one prize, recently an Ipad, usually for a specific purpose.
- Wish List Lottery – monthly draw with chance to win cash prizes.
- Themed Parties – these have included a Bollywood night and a 70’s night. Great nights out and good fund raisers.
- Theatre trips – organised trips by coach from Chelmsford to top London shows.
- Mother’s Day Stall – gifts for the girls to buy .
- School disco – a highlight for the pupils.
- Concerts – put on by the Grammaticus choir.
- Donut day – another event the girls look forward to!
- Refreshments at parents’ evenings and other events.
- Second hand uniform sales – recycle those uniforms and generate funds for the PA – for details please go to Uniform section.
Some examples of where the monies raised by the PA have been spent are:
- Security gates
- Additional staging for the hall
- Enhanced lighting and sound system for the hall
- Complete refurbishment including new furniture, flooring and decorating of the 6th form common room
- Prizes for Senior Speech Day
- Prizes for Junior Speech Day
- Sublimination printer and heat press
- Projector with audio system
- Dataloggers with probes
- Video cameras
If you would like to join the committee, help out at one of the events, donate a raffle prize or help with the refreshments please email Theresa Buckland at :- email@example.com